Tom Kühnhackl wechselt zu den Windsor Spitfires in die OHL

• Update:

Gestern war die erste on-ice Trainingseinheit der Windsor Spitfires mit Tom Kühnhackl. Nachfolgend die Eindrücke von Beobachtern dieser Einheiten.

-Tom Keuhnhackl - I'm cautiously optimistic about the Cannibal after seeing him for myself in game action. He played a solid but not spectacular game today. With better linemates than he had on team red, he should be able to get some points this season but its clear that he'll need some time to be at his best. I liked his size and willingness to use it to his advantage, on the first goal he pounced on a loose puck with authority and squeezed a backhand shot past Cambell from in tight. He always seemed to be in position to get involved whenever he was on the ice. A few fumbled opportunities however showed he's probably a bit rusty, but what he showed was encouraging and there seems to be a lot more in the tank.

- Tom Kuehnhackl (pronnounced Hoon-ack-l... if anyone was wondering) was the best player on the ice at the practice. Every time he had the puck, he scored. He's got great size, great hands, and has a pretty good shot. He's also not afraid to muck it up in the corner or infront of the net.

05.06.1965 - 05.07.2010
    R.I.P. Probie

• Für die Studenten und Nochurlauber:

Am Sonntag 19 Uhr Ortszeit (bei uns also 1 Uhr morgens) spielt Tom Kühnhackl im Rahmen des Rookie Tournaments mit den Pittsburgh Penguins gegen die Toronto Maple Leafs und das Spiel wird LIVE im Internet übertragen (auf mapleleafs.com).

05.06.1965 - 05.07.2010
    R.I.P. Probie

• Im OHL-Forum wird gerade über Spitznamen für Tom Kühnhackl diskutiert. Ganz interessant was da so geschrieben wird:

Zitat

Tiger Tank - A throwback to the fearsome world war II weapon that was the pride of German engineering. With his German heritage, howitzer of a shot and respectable size this name could be appropriate. Sure the Spitfires attack from the sky but you need good ground support too.

The Cannibal - This of course is a reference to the German club he played for prior to joining the Spitfires. It's nasty, and believe it or not has some history with the Spitfires. Former Spitfire great Kevin Kerr was known to some as the Cannibal when he played for the team thanks to an unfortunate suspension for biting an opponent.

Das Wunderkind - This name I stole from a crusty German professional wrestler named Alex Wright, Das Wunderkind. It means he's a prodigy, which is fair to say about Tom. The wrestler also did an awesome dance that Tom could imitate and possibly replace the sprinkler or the Panik dance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6ZY2sSDQCk

• Für die Studenten und Nochurlauber:

Am Sonntag 19 Uhr Ortszeit (bei uns also 1 Uhr morgens) spielt Tom Kühnhackl im Rahmen des Rookie Tournaments mit den Pittsburgh Penguins gegen die Toronto Maple Leafs und das Spiel wird LIVE im Internet übertragen (auf mapleleafs.com).

Merce Probert! Coole Sache, dass ich am Montag ned aufstehen muss. Da werd ich mir das wohl reinziehen. Ich finds gut, wenn ihr solche links reinstellt. Bitte weiter so!

• Tom hat ein sehr gutes Spiel gemacht. Gestern hat er mit wechselnden Sturmpartnern zusammengespielt. Im zweiten Drittel war er bei Über und Unterzahl auf dem Eis. Er hatte drei gute Chancen, bei einem Bauerntrick ist er nur ganz knapp gescheitert. Ich sehe das ähnlich wie Hynes, gib ihm ein Jahr bei Windsor, lass ihn ein paar Kilo draufpacken und so richtig an die harte Spielweise gewöhnen, dann ist in meinen Augen was drin.

Edit: Die Pens haben mit 2 zu 1 gewonnen.

• "Windsor Spitfires forward Tom Kuehnhackl had two assists in Pittsburgh's 9-5 loss to Chicago Tuesday on the final day of the NHL Rookie Tournament in London."

Quelle: The Windsor Star